Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mrs. Raccoon Hanging Out


Literally, that is.

I've been working my way through a 10,000 photo backlog for post processing. I'm currently sloughing my way through shots from late May. I captured this shot at North Park Nature Center on a hot day... I'm guessing it was a bit hot in that tree hole and she was getting some air.


I'm speculating, but I think she had her cubs in there, so she wasn't willing to leave. A week or so before, I took a series of shots of a very pregnant female raiding the garbage cans by the picnic tables.

Masked Trashcan Raiding Bandit
Seriously, she's a stereotype of a raccoon!
But they sure are pretty animals

I can't say for sure it's the same coon, but my guess is that it probably is. I think she'd had her babies in the tree, and was probably hanging out of the tree to cool down and get some air.

If it was or wasn't, both encounters were pretty cool, and I got some nice shots.





No comments:

Post a Comment